Ramblings that are generally associated with me and my FYS-American Roots Music.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Blog Summary

Most of the recent blogs seem very pointed. They are mostly about the Folkways podcasts or answering Nic's latest post. The little rabbit gave some interesting background into Harry Smith's life. In fact, most post about the folkways either give information about Harry Smith or simply reactions about the Harry Smith podcasts and they are mostly summaries of what happened in the podcasts. Mary Beth and Yeah pointed out that there was a segment in episode five about paper airplanes. I might have to listen again, just for that. Yeah also pointed out how music is influential, even if one does not like it. That's an important point to make since many people will stop listening to music if they don't like it, but music is far more important than simple like or dislike. Music is culture and ideas, rolled into a melody. Megan pointed out that Harry Smith changed the course of music(essentially). He discovered tons of people and put theri music out so that others were influenced. How many people can say that? Steph's blog included Cajun recipes, they sound good. We should try them.
I am cool dooner posted a variety of blogs, one that proposed the idea of teaching tuba as part of his performance, but he does not have a tuba. I would like to see how that idea pans out and he also posts of the key E Dorian. I have no idea what he means by that, but E Dorian sounds cool to me, way better than E Minor or something like that.
I posted some quite short poems. I like to write poetry and mostly they are decent. People should tell me what they think.
Greenstar posted a post(imagine that, someone posts a post) asking for roommate help. I already put my two cents in, but she sounds like she could really use some more help. We should post.
That's a lot of the new stuff. If you wrote something really cool that wasn't included, add a comment and I'll put it in. Or people could just read the comments. Whatever's cool with you.
There was a very brief post this morning by Destroy about Halloween. Personally I prefer All Hallow's Eve, but that is just me. Halloween is one of the greatest holidays of the year.

No comments: