Ramblings that are generally associated with me and my FYS-American Roots Music.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

i was just wondering and thought that by putting my pen to paper(metaphorically speaking, of course)I might be able to let this question into someone else's head and out of mine: When we are talking about pure musical voices, are they the ones that are raw and unfinished or the ones that are smooth and polished? In science, a pure substance is the rawest and most original sample, but pure water is water that has the impurities removed. Which do we use?

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

I think that's a great question. You should bring that up in class sometime. We (and the people we read) use words like "pure" and "honest" and "genuine" a lot, but it seems at best unclear what those things actually mean.